Galvanising 110 side frames

ah yes I should have looked back at the start of this thread, I'd saved the pictures but couldn't remember where from - doh

anyway the square hole in the circled area is for the saddle type thing to clip into to hold a clip on the loom, no idea what the 3 other holes are for but if you get a chance to measure at some stage at least I can add them if I find out what they are for :)

post-10578-0-62946900-1415560727-Copy_zp

Thanks

Ben

Great thanks :)

No rush, as I have a few other issues to deal with that I've only just spotted the strengtheners in place for the lift up door style latches are right in the way of where the nut plates need to be for the push button door style latches, not too sure how to get around that yet, looks like I may have to cut the spot welds out and shift them up a bit and re weld back into place.... more work.....

Thanks

Ben

• 1 month later...

Can I ask an ignorant question ..... Why are they £700 ? :o

cost of the side frames & cost of the process to galv them, manhours to get it all sorted, you'd want that sort of money for all the effort. brand new from LR each side is Left hand side http://www.brit-car.co.uk/product.php/138903/0/body_side_frame_assy_lh_110_def_7a_

Right hand side http://www.brit-car.co.uk/product.php/138902/0/body_side_frame_assy_rh_110_def_7a_

Note the price difference

Cheers James, I may have to poke around a few higher spec vehicles/image search on google etc and see if I can see anything actually using those holes!

I now have the aux loom (YMM000341 / lr016438) which runs under the seatbox and up the B pillars and clips into that little square hole before plugging into the rear door looms so will need that hole at least :)

ps if you need that loom keith gott has them for £15 + vat (list is about £70 + vat)!!

Thanks

Ben