OBA + Airco + 2nd alternator?

Nigelw

I am a little bit needy and seem to have lost my marbles in the want(read as "need" in my little head) to have OBA as well as fitting a compressor for airco but ideally want a 2nd alternator too.

Couple of questions before I start building things.

How effective is a "V" belt going to be at transferring crank power to all three components?

If the "V" belt can't handle all three, what are my options?

If it was me then fit the Aircon where it should be and use the standard belt which is 13mm wide, then run a seperate belt to your OBA compressor and 2nd alt. You wont have issues with belts, because you'll only need 65amps on there at the very most so not much effort to spin that and your compressor will only run in shirt bursts. To get everything running at max capacity at the same time will take some doing.

Going to be running front and rear winches as rear end is getting a bit of a modification once drawings are completed and card board has been sourced to replace the rear chassis crossmember, already on two batteries, thinking for a third closer to the rear winch with volt sensitive relay in line?

I want second alternator solely for the winches and aux battery usage so I can leave the standard 200Tdi alt and wiring alone and just build harnesses that can be removed relatively easily in the future should anything happen to the car.

On board air is for air suspension in the future but for the diff lock/s and airing up tyres etc,.

Aico as I'm getting old and want to enjoy a creature comfort of being cool in the summer sun whilst driving.

Am i understanding this correct :

You want an air con pump for air con as well as a second air con pump for OBA ?

For the time that the OBA compressors run you'll be find running it and a second alternator off a single V belt.

FWIW, i much prefer the air con pumps over the 12v compressors. I have this setup in my truck, but have a 12v compressor wired / plumbed in as backup due to the importance of OBA.

G