Fuel tank compatibility

mickeyw

Can anyone tell me whether a steel fuel tank from an early 110 is the same size as one from a RRC/Disco, or if the mountings are anywhere near the same?

I know they look similar in design, but have nothing to measure sitting side by side.

My reason for asking is that I have a RRC that has been off the road for a while, and has twin 35lit LPG tanks under the boot floor. The cradle they sit in attaches to the original fuel tank mounts on the chassis.

Now my LPG'd V8 110 that is in current use has a rather small tank in the load area, so I'm thinking about adding the tanks from the RRC, if they'll fit.

AFAIK the chassis rails are the same width, so it's largely about the position of the rear and A-frame cross members,

The position or size of the petrol tank's filler neck is not relevant in this instance.

I know a range rover/discovery tank won't fit a 110 but if I remember correctly it's only because the discovery tank goes up over one of the chassis rails.

Over the chassis rails? I don't recall that. Are you thinking of the plastic tank possibly?

I've just been round this one, I believe that there's one steel tank that does fit SOME Defenders & RRC/Disco (part number the same) but that does not mean it fits ALL of either model.

Possible good news...

Thanks John