Sam's 12 Months Later Axles are Complete Thread

Mr Noisy

Thanks for the reply Nigel. ARB locker failures are fairly common here in OZ and obviously in the UK too, yet the Yanks seem to be quite enthusiastic for them, aside from their 9" Ford versions. i wonder if ARB manufacture their lockers for the US market from higher quality materials and with better workmanship?

I don't doubt that ARBs are reasonable and only a couple years ago they were THE name in lockers for us Brits too.

I think a lot of the failures in this country are fatigue related on older units and the parts supply is so awkward that many units become scrap I guess.

Maybe Land Rover axles are being pushed beyond the limits that ARB originally designed their units to withstand, whereas an Ashcroft unit is designed to withstand the punishments their in house drivetrain systems are capable of delivering to the diff.

If Ashcroft hadn't designed an essentially better unit we would all still be using ARB, just like the rest of the world and any non LR application.

Haha yeah you're right

It normally lurks on the lower NSF inner arch on a 300 disco, even though mines a 200 but I preferred the 300 setup.

And yeah obviously it had to be cleaned up and painted :P

is it an adjustable affair? and a standard 300 part? seems interesting :) i could do with an adjustable bias valve