Unimog 416 U1100

Funny you should mention Ross, the cups arrived two weeks ago only for me to find one of them was the wrong size by mistake,another the rite size landed this week and I've just got in from finishing putting that side together.

Hopefully I can get the other side done on saturday.

Will.

Well it's back mobile, hub oils leaks hopefully sorted but now it's leaking out of the axle at one end :( only a dribble though so I brought it home to test for any other issues and even managed some 'off-roading' whilst checking some cattle.

Unfortunately I was too busy grinning from ear to ear to get any pictures but I'll try and get some tommoro.

Will.

• 1 month later...

A bit more progress....

Leak has hopefully cured itself and I have progressed with a rear body. The body must be mounted in such a way to allow the chassis to flex hence the need for a seperate chassis. Unfortunately the pivot isn't dead central as I got broken off quite a few times when mocking it up so lost track of where I was and just welded but I don't think it's going to matter!

IMAG1872.jpg

IMAG1852.jpg

The pivot is a cat 2 link arm end and at the front are two cab mounts on each chassis leg.

IMAG1890.jpg

I then fitted the body I had in the yard that is for a 130DC and came off my old disco 'Ute. The space at the front means you can climb into the body easily and will be a storage space, support for an exhaust stack and hopefully a strap locker.

IMAG1927.jpg

IMAG1929.jpg

Desperately need to sort some new fuses out though, having the wipers pack up at top speed on a busy road is 'fun'

Will.

Don't you start! I spent a fortnight surfing ebay for cranes but came to the conclusion they sit too high above the cab and its a lot of weight to carry all the time. As luck would have it a mate has just bought an old forwarding trailer so I can probably borrow that if the need for a crane arises.

Will.

Looking good Will , some neat fab-work there too . I got myself a little 1/2t HIAB last year and it's super useful , only weighs about 200kg

and cost about £250 . With one of them you could use it to mount the spare wheel in the gap and maybe a demountable box for tools or whatever

you gotta love 'Mogs they are so useful

cheers

Steveb