Snorkel... do I really need one..?

I'm a just in case type of person. I haven't taken my Disco offroading/green landing for 5 years as I use it as my work van but it still has bfg mud's and snorkel on it just in case. I'm glad it has as I have done a couple of jobs recently that I couldn't of got to if I was in a motor with road tyres. And if I need to drive a flooded road I can.

What's the point in having a vehicle that looks like it can perform but can't when needed, you might as well have an X5.

Hi Guys,

Had a look over the weekend and the rivinuts that have pulled through are above the normal air vent so if I fit one I'll be left with two bloody great holes in my wing...!!

Looks like I'll be re fitting it after all..

Thanks for all your replies...

Cheers,

db.

Hi Guys,

Had a look over the weekend and the rivinuts that have pulled through are above the normal air vent so if I fit one I'll be left with two bloody great holes in my wing...!!

Looks like I'll be re fitting it after all..

Thanks for all your replies...

Cheers,

db.

i have been in the situation (twice now) where i have ended up going that bit too deep, the first time, i ingested water. (the whole front end momentarily dropped down a hidden hole then popped back up) but it wasnt enough to do any damage, it just missed a bit when i got out, and i left it to tick over to burn off the water in the system for a min or so.

the second time i turned it off just in time. :)

i bought a snorkel after that however still havent got round to fitting it!