Locking Wheel Nuts

OilIT

So I dont have the locking wheel nut spanner for the wheel nuts on the discovery I have recently bought, and have managed to get one off with a 'laser' locking wheel nut removal tool courtesy of my freindly sunday morning tool shop...and £16 :angry:

But it wont 'bite' onto the others.... :wacko:

I have tried hammer and chisel - without a hint of movement :blush:

Has anybody got any other ideas??

I think I will give nicking wheels a miss - you hear these stories about locking wheel nuts are easy to remove.......HA

Thanks

Jerry

Not sure this will help much, but,

make sure all the other wheel nuts are still done up as this will reduce the load on the locking wheel nut.

not sure of the design of the locking wheel nut but when a garage failed to return the wheel nut key for SWMBO's peugeot I used a large hammer to bang a socket on to the offending wheel nut and then undid them. this has the advantage of shocking the nut to help loosen it. If you have welding kit you could try welding say an M10 nut onto the end of the locking wheel nut and using this to undo it.

HTH

Pete.

Not sure this will help much, but,

make sure all the other wheel nuts are still done up as this will reduce the load on the locking wheel nut.

not sure of the design of the locking wheel nut but when a garage failed to return the wheel nut key for SWMBO's peugeot I used a large hammer to bang a socket on to the offending wheel nut and then undid them. this has the advantage of shocking the nut to help loosen it. If you have welding kit you could try welding say an M10 nut onto the end of the locking wheel nut and using this to undo it.

HTH

Pete.

Hmm

I might try the socket idea, unfortunately the body is alloy so cant weld anything to it...