P38 4.6hse starter motor bolts

gonewestnz

Hi all had an issue with my 4.6 engined 90. As I hadn't used it for a few weeks I decided to take it for a run.

Before I set off I decided to let it warm up and came inside. After about 5 mins I heard a screech sound and engine stalled. I rushed out to find flaming material falling under the engine bay. After extinguishing the flames, I disconnected the battery and did a quick inspection to find the paint on the starter motor had been burnt off and that was the Flames I had seen falling to the ground. A mouse has chewed an HT lead so suspect they may have caused a problem.

So now I am replacing the starter with a used one from Ebay. Can someone please advise the name of the socket to remove the two bolts that secure the starter. I have read they are 8mm Allen bolts but can't find the relevant socket on ebay or Amazon.i am keen to use correct tool as do not wish to damage the bolts.

I am thinking of replacing them with conventional bolts when they finally come off to prevent future issues is this feasible?

Britool sockets arrived today but the Allen keys don't pull out so I still don't have a socket to undo the bolts on my starter. Not sure next move as the links above look the same design as britool ones I have. Any constructive suggestions greatly appreciated