Securing Stereo In Raptor Console

need4speed

Just wondering how people have secured their stereo units into the Raptor console?

My unit has the usual cage that the stereo itself then slides into. The problem i have with that idea is that that the full weight of the stereo is taken at the very front of the cage if that makes sense. There is a lot of scope for the stereo to move around, especially off road.

I was wondering if anyone had found a way to secure the stereo at the rear somehow?

I just bent down more of the tabs on the metal cage.. To be honest, I wouldn't have said it was that different from the loads it would see on a normal installation where there is no anchor points at the back either. If anything, the Raptor installation is tougher because its metal, rather than a brittle plastic like normal dash faces (on older cars - or think of the little plastic housing that screws onto the bottom of the dash).

I fitted a lightweight mechless (ie no CD, etc only radio and memory sticks) stereo in a mud dash, so only flimsy plastic to support the weight, but it has been ok so far. It needed to be mechless to be shallow enough to fit.

That said, I never use the stereo as a) I can barely hear it over the engine and b) I prefer listening to the engine.