Dino does snow...

DiscoDino

Had a Snow run with some friends from the North of Lebanon (honestly, best looking terrain in I’ve ever seen…) and we had a run from 1,400m altitude to 3,083, the highest peak in the Middle East (“Qornet El Sawda”, or “The Black Corner”)…we encountered pebble trail, rocks, mud, ravines, and finally snow…

The entrance to the trail was a very tough blockade that had me on 3 wheels, and we had to winch the Unimog back as well as get some GREAT driving from the G Wagon (Marc is one of the best drivers on LWB I’ve seen!)

Ehden_entry.sized.jpg

Ehden_Wheelie.sized.jpg

or1556512858936274.jpg

or465130046717647.jpg

or418132978316768.jpg

Winching the Unimog back (tied my rear end to the G, and slapped a snatch block as the truck was dead and on the other side of the blockade

Winching_set_up.sized.jpg

Along the trail got to a nice technical rock/mud section (I hate mud and rock together!)

Unimog_Crawling.sized.jpg

Rash_1.sized.jpg

Rash_3.sized.jpg

Conquered!

Rash_4.sized.jpg

Reaching snow at around 2,400m high…first, we deflated (went down to 2psi!)

or5627710350862849.jpg

Unimog didn’t deflate as tires are ancient and didn’t want to have issues (getting 44” STSs for the winter)

or8056451773313105.jpg

Leading the way at 2psi…was driving in 2nd with the underdrive, lockers and all on, tick-over…no issues at all…

1_psi_on_snow_1.sized.jpg

Close-up

1_psi_on_snow_2.sized.jpg

Rear tire at 2psi with a small side-slope (I love beadlocks…now I know why they are going for 17” and 20” tires, no?)

Beadlocks_on_sideslope_1.sized.jpg

Close-up

Beadlocks_on_sideslope_2.sized.jpg

That’s it…I have loads of video…will compile and share when I get a faster connection…

Peace!

that discovery should be an inspiration to all of us... .awesome truck. well done that man.

I'm thinking on it to my 92 V8 Disco... DiscoDino its an example to Follow..Here in Portugal theres nothing like this and maybe i became the first to make an DiscoDino hehehe Nadim hope u don't mind :P:P