front cv joint strength

qwakers

so my challenge disco blew a cv last time i used it (and has ben sitting for ages since,but i digress)

i was thinking about CV strength and what the best route would be, barring ashcrofts. i dont have that sort of money, then i thought, would it be possible to fit uj's in place of the cv, and would it be stronger. if not, whats the best cv for a small budget.....?

Use all the time you'd spend trying other options to do some overtime/other work and buy the Ashcrofts, basicly fit and forget and 5 years warranty.

Just my 2p and what I am doing at the moment.

Will.

If you drive it on the road, then UJ's probably aren't an option. Sure some people might run them with full time AWD. But LR new enough to know that their UJ wasn't upto the job, else why would they have gone with CV's...

Jeeps and the like with UJ's aren't full time AWD as a rule, they tend to run 2wd on the road.

Personally I think it's stick with stock or go Ashcroft. One breaks but is cheap to replace, the other doesn't break, but costs more.