Removing Contact glue? any tips

Mines similar - similar size too. I bought a 5l bottle of ultrasonic carb cleaning solution and that improved things.

I started to type when it doesn't seem to work so well - but it's not consistent enough to really say ! Still well worth having though and a nice lazy way to clean my sockets too :)

so yesterday I tried out some petrol on the contact glue, and it worked great.... till I figured out that the madman who glued his cream coloured reindeer to my dash had a trick or two up his sleeve, !!! he used different kinds of glue!!!! so once I hit the "tough stuff" the petrol ran out of steam and was no more or less effective than the acetone..... so i decided to go with acetone. which seems to work well as long as the cloth is really wet with acetone (first 30 seconds after soaking) and till it gets bunged up with contact glue snot. 2 clearest advantages of acetone is that it smells MUCH better than petrol and you get stoned much quicker..... by the end of doing the bottom part of my dash bent down in the footwell I was a happy child, giggling at my own jokes.....

so my tips for removing contact are.....

Step 1. use LOTS of acetone,

Step 2. keep moving to a fresh piece of cloth,

DONT try and drive or do anything clever after step 1 and 2

• Like 1

nowt likw a bit of sovent abuse to brighten up a dull day! Migt have been worth trying isopropyl alcohol , however that can dissolve certain plastics, in the UK you can buy EVO stick solvent which is (was if the H&S police haven't banned it by now) which was pretty effective at dissolving, well, most things...