Extended rear shock mounts for longer shocks on an 88?

Chicken Drumstick

Anyone got any ideas or tips on where to move the upper shock mount too for longer travel?

My 88 is under going some work, along with some new long travel shocks.

I've seen a couple of setups online, such as this:

IMG_8052%201.jpg

My only concern here is. I'm sticking with the stock axles as I want to keep the tyres inside the original body work and not run wheel spats/flares. I'm only running 7.50's on a narrow rim, but under full compression I wonder if the tyre would end up fouling the shock and extended mount. Not the end of the world, but not ideal I guess.

Or mount them like this:

AShockRearTop1.jpg

But on an 88 you don't have quite the same room as you do on a 109 and I'm not sure about clearance for the exhaust.

I think this is a Gon2Far vehicle, it's an 88 and looks to have the inboard mounted shocks. But it'd be nice to see how they are actually attached.

p1010136.jpg

p1010133.jpg

Would love some ideas/suggestions and maybe even pics.

Or mount them like this:

AShockRearTop1.jpg

That's how they're mounted on that Gon2far 88, so it's doable. Exhausts can be moved about. Either that or switch to LWB style and tilt them forward.

On the 109 my rear shock mounts extend above the chassis (a little) with appropriate bracing:

flex_log2.JPG

The lowness of the bottom mount does help with length too of course. The volvos are rather lovely in that respect.

I've moved my front ones up a little, and my rear ones the top mounts are move forwards a few inches. That gives adequate travel without having the shocks bind up. Unless you're running. Revolver shackles you've no need for any more.

Jon

Travel is limited by the springs then. You can get full travel with just the prop comps that are supplied with parabolics if you reposition them correctly.

Mine has far more travel than a stock 90 for example.

If you've access to a forklift lift each wheel up in turn and see where it all binds.

Jon