Discovery 2 TD5 - Air Spring Failure - Advise

Desert Cat

I would like to consult here regarding the RKB101200 failure I had.

My GENUINE RKB101200 were starting to drop, so I decided to replace them with two fresh ones.

Purchased the BEARMACH OEM - CONTITECH.

Well, to be honest they look different from the GENUINE one I have, but decided to give it a shot and replace them.

All went well up to the point the compressor was starting to raise the chassis, the rear right air spring burst right away following the rear left.

Up until today I had ALWAYS used the GENUINE Land Rover parts while changing my Air Springs with no issue including changing in the trail when one failing.

Does anyone encountered such issue?

What bother me the most they BOTH failed so it might be a manufacturing failure?

What do you people recommend?

post-9480-0-77226300-1433578317_thumb.jpg

Does look like a cut so perhaps could be a manufacturing defect I guess. Are they easy to return to where you bought them from?

Contitec should be fine as I believe they were the manufacturers for land rover. I have a set fitted to mine with no current problems.

Yes, IMO you've got a faulty lot... unless you forgot to disconnect the battery before fitting them and the heights lost calibration , in this case it's possible that the compressor to overinflate the bags untill they blow but that should not happen cos there is a mechanical pressure release valve which must protect the bags... just as a quite unlikely scenario to think about it, valid only if the bags didnt blow before the body reached maximum height