GEMS plenum- base idle setting?

Quagmire

Guys,

Have fitted a GEMS top end to my rover p6, started first time on ms2 this afternoon (good), idles at 2600rpm (bad) will be checking for air leaks in the morning, but assuming I find none how do i set the base idle?

Alternatively how do I eliminate the IAC from the equation? I.e. blank it off? I know it works to a degree, in that it moves when I have tested it previously but not sure if its a settings thing or not so would like to see what idle is with it not being involved at all if possible.

Thanks!

OK, so i removed the valve this morning, and stuffed a deep socket wrapped in insulation tape in the hole. This proved that the engine will not idle at all without any air going through the stepper controlled bypass, proving that the valve settings were wrong.

Tried to adjust the allen bolt but couldnt find a key the right size so gave up and went back to fiddling with stepper warmup settings.

Eventually got it all working, however it seems that I must have my stepper wired completely backwards as I had to invert the warmup curve settings on the MS to get it to close down.

It now idles at at 750rpm and now none of my PC's will talk to the car! Have been having to use MSDroid on my phone for everything. Great for checking whats going on, but adjusting the VE table with my fat fingers is fiddly to say the least!

Gratuitous pic:

20150718_112438_zpsgjwywm0t.jpg

And it is still only a 3.5 - I need to get the "4.6" machined off the plenum. Or fit a 4.6...

This is a bit uncanny, I replaced my split vacuum hose yesterday and had a root around the plenum to try and figure out how it works, when I put it back together, mine now idles at about 2000rpm.. I'll post a couple of photos on my thread because I don't want to mess yours up! :blush:

PS Exactly what point did you connect your MAP hose to?

Hey Fatboy, my vacuum lines are all connected to barbed fittings screwed into the side of the ram housing, I had a spare one lying about so I swapped out a couple of the blanking plugs on mine to gain a couple of extra take off points.