New clutch on a 130 300 Tdi

Just had a new clutch fitted + new release bearing and spigot bush

The clutch makes quite a loud noise when it is ticking over,with the clutch pedal up.if I press the clutch pedal down the noise disappears. Took it back to the garage and they told me this is normal with a new spigot bush and it will wear in

Can anybody tell me if this is true or not. It used to be as quite as a door mouse.Many thanks for your help.

Just had new clutch fitted recently and had a noise when in neutral or with clutch down, like a low frequency rumble , it disappeared recently after few hundred miles of driving (I also had new spigot bush and crank seal fitted).

It definitely wasn't the springs in the clutch plate as I had that noise on the old clutch plate before it was changed. It was more of a grumble than a rattle but at a different frequency than with the engine noise while driving with the gears and engaged. It was also more prominent when engine/gearbox was cold ! Less noticeable after driving for a while.

However, I also had some major reconditioning work carried out on the gearbox at same time as clutch replacement, so thought it was all the new gears, input shaft and synchro parts bedding in ?

Many thanks for all your help lads very much appreciated. Just reading Ian's account with his new clutch. Like he said it is more of a low grumble and seems to disappear after I have done 30 mile or so.Maybe I should give it time to bed in. Or should I get a second opinion. Cheers Kevan .PS I have done around 400 mile on it so far.