Webasto Installed on Defender?

ajh

That would be helpful but for an entirely different reason. I'm looking to try to judge my install time/costs versus others who've had them installed to make sure the amount is fair/in the ballpark.. etc.

You are asking a "how long is a piece of string" question. Install time would be hugely variable depending on quality of work and experience. If you have done 20 TD5 Defenders, it is a lot different to doing one.

Here is one example. One installer would tie into the fuel supply line. Quick and easy. Another would drop the tank and install a separate pickup. That is a much better way. but adds hours of labour.

I am aware of this which is why I was hoping to get feedback from a few. I did the tank drop/install/cradle patching etc and the instal is in my opinion very clean. I just have issues with customers and 'well I didn't think it was going to take that long' so I want to collect information so I have something to justify the time etc and show that these things do take time. Since Defenders and heaters in general are few and far between over there there isn't really a market to look at to compare service costs etc.

Not Webasto but their competitor Eberspacher an Airtronic heater should take no more than 4 hours , a Hydronic water heater about the same, First installs always take longer whilst you discover how to remove trims and route wiring etc,

If you have a bespoke kit then maybe take 30 mins off each ,