Nissan 6 Cyl. diesel engine into 110

• 8 months later...

Nissan sixes are hardy engines, but have pretty sedate outputs for their size, whilst initial purchase costs are generally high - £1000 will buy a bare engine, perhaps another £1000 or more for the ancillaries- and there are better options available now.

You could fit an M57 BMW engine for the £1000 you'd need to buy a bare Nissan 4.2, whilst it'll rev better, better power and torque figures, and no need to make up a conversion either.

Nissan sixes are hardy engines, but have pretty sedate outputs for their size, whilst initial purchase costs are generally high - £1000 will buy a bare engine, perhaps another £1000 or more for the ancillaries- and there are better options available now.

You could fit an M57 BMW engine for the £1000 you'd need to buy a bare Nissan 4.2, whilst it'll rev better, better power and torque figures, and no need to make up a conversion either.

Nice, I remember years ago when me and my bro was in our two S2a's at Kirton Lindsey a guy came on in a 90 fitted with an FD 30 or something saw the engine but we didn't ask anything there was nothing it couldn't do think it got where RR's / V8 90's couldn't go and it sounded great and ever since then I always wanted one

The LD28 and SD33 were both fairly common conversions back in the 90's, I came close to buying a IIA One Ton with one fitted a few years ago, but couldn't raise the funds in time. It was an excellent truck, disappointed I didn't get it, so bought a 101 instead.

You don't see so many of them about now (occasionally pop up on ebay) whilst the TD42 (the 4.2 from later patrols) is a good engine, better than its Toyota equivalent- but bloody expensive, whilst it's somewhat telling that there are commercially available conversions for fitting the 3 litre BMW engine in place of the original.

• 2 weeks later...