200Tdi lift pump spacer

Hi guys just been looking for a new lift pump for my defender 90 200tdi .

Some come with a spacer and some dont .

Are they ment to have the spacer as there is no spacer on mine and this will be the thired pump in 2 years .

The curent one has started pumping diesel out of a small hole in the side of the pump .

It was ment to be an OE pump

Thanks for any help

Unless you feel a need to stay original consider an electric unit, wire it to the fuel cutoff solenoid on the FIP and locate it on the chassis rail just after the sedimenter unit. They work better than the mechanical unit and make life very easy when you change your fuel filter and you want to purge the air out of the filter, - just turn on the ignition, open the bleed screw and the electric pump will do the rest. Oh, and you can buy one on fleabay for a lot less than a new OE mechanical pump.

Unless you feel a need to stay original consider an electric unit, wire it to the fuel cutoff solenoid on the FIP and locate it on the chassis rail just after the sedimenter unit. They work better than the mechanical unit and make life very easy when you change your fuel filter and you want to purge the air out of the filter, - just turn on the ignition, open the bleed screw and the electric pump will do the rest. Oh, and you can buy one on fleabay for a lot less than a new OE mechanical pump.

Should be more reliable and long lived, too, with no membranes or reciprocating parts.

Thanks for the help I have ordered a bm pump it comes with a spacer . I have noticed some come with a spacer and some don't . Not sure why this is . I will offer it up with and without to see the difference .

the lift pump on 200tdi is common to all the earlier 2.5 diesel engines, some need the spacer & some [200tdi] have it built in.