D2 V8 Oil Prsssure Sensor Holes

garrycol

The D2 V8 oil filter housing has a tube running down from the engine block into the centre of the the oil filter

Big Picture.

post-414-0-64666300-1453703438_thumb.jpg

In this close up you can see the oil light pressure sensor at the top and a blank 2" further down.

post-414-0-94649100-1453703567_thumb.jpg

I want to put in a oil pressure sensor for an electric oil pressure gauge.

So, my simple question is - can I remove the blank and put the oil gauge sensor in that spot?

Thanks

Garry

Ok - second question.

On rebuilding this engine I filled the oil pump with petroleum jelly but I have had to turn the engine over few times to check various items.

Is there a way of priming these oil pumps - eg pumping oil in via one of the above mentioned ports?

Thanks

Garry

Thanks - should be OK then ;)

While I am here one further related question - this 4.6 is going into my 101 and will be using the 101 engine oil cooler - just noticed the threads in the 4.6 oil pump for the oil cooler pipes are different to the old 3.5 (in a different position too)

I need to get some new pipes made up but it is not convenient to take the engine into the hose maker where he could measure the threads in the oil pump.

So anyone know what the thread is in the oil cooler holes inn the oil pump (looks something like M15/M16 - 1.5 - also what is the angle on the tip of the screw in fitting where the pipe seals against the oil pump housing - looks like 30 degrees.

Thanks

Garry