D2 discs and pads

reb78

maybe not the answer your after but ive fitted hundreds of pads and discs of all various makes, mainly borg n beck, trw and mintex. not to mention some pagid and unipart,and ebc. and only had 1 set back for warrently due to warping. if your set of appearance the borg n beck are now all 'bektek' coated to prevent corrosion. unless your set on fitting genuine. if any of the above will be absolutely fine. :)

Thanks. Apparently the answer for the D2 was Delphi.

Wherever possible, i try to buy the equivalent to genuine or better. Hence the question about the OEM. I do agree though - there are a number of manufacturers of brake discs that all produce decent products. JGS4x4 had a set of front discs (not sure on make) and mintex pads for £54 delivered so i went for those in the end. Delphi parts bought separately from LRDirect would have come to around £80. Mintex are fine as a brake pad brand (although a little dusty according to some) and i am sure the discs will be ok (primarily because they dont come in a blue box - but there are a couple of reviews of them on the JGS website as well).

http://www.jgs4x4.co.uk/land-rover-discovery-2-td5-v8-front-brake-discs-and-mintex-brake-pads-kit.html