Disco 2 TD5 upholstery

Pheonix

I have a Disco 2 GS TD 5 T reg 1999 and the interior is starting to look threadbare, mainly the seats.

Can anyone advise if they know of any companies that would supply new seat covers?

I plan to remove the existing upholstery from the seats and recover with either cloth or a cloth leatherette mix. Had a look on exmoor trim who offer new seat foam bases and new covers for the Disco 1. I asked if they plan to offer seat covers for the Disco 2, but told not in the near future. They put me on to National Trim who have not got back to me.

Has anyone attempted making their own new seat covers, if so how big a job is this?

Personally I'd just be on the look out for a low mileage set of leather seats.

I wouldn't bother recovering old foam, the seat underneath is still worn out if the covering is as well.

If it helps, the passenger side seat base foam and cover fit the drivers side if you strip the cover and foam off. I've bought a few passenger seat bases from breakers (they don't get as much use as the drivers) to refurbish worn out drivers seats.