Abs wings

Tim2809

Ive got a series 3 swb and the wings have split at the bottom corner and going towards the front. Looking at replacement wing outers and came across the abs plastic wings and as i work on a farm the possibility of them flexi slightly would help. Does anybody have them and did they fit or did they need work to make them fit. Many thanks

• Like 1

I've fitted 2 - strangely to the same inner wing (Someone ran into it just after I'd finished the job for the 1st time.)

The holes didn't line up and the stuff is difficult to file. (Die grinder and a burr may be better than a file)

They must fit exactly as any tension makes them bend a little - I'm sure I could see the line of the mudshield in cold weather on the first time fit and think that perhaps I should have trimmed the back of the alloy inner wing to get a better fit on the bulkhead pillar.

I rubbed them down carefully, etched them and painted with twin pack - no problems there.

They survive impact better than alloy. The impact bent a new bumper - but apart from possibly pulling over a fixing bolt and washer I thought the thing had escaped damage. In fact on closer examination the return lip over the wheel section had split away. Had it been mine I'd have replaced the bolt with a bigger washer and glued a stiffener to the split and left it alone - but as someone else was paying and it wasn't mine I replaced the skin. The replaced skin is now on another vehicle.