300tdi core plugs

MuddyWinny

Would anyone be able to to know the part number for core plugs for a 300tdi?

The engine is from a 1994 Discovery.

Specifically, it is the core plug at the back of the block (not the one in the head) that has failed and leaking coolant.

Actually there are two at the back of the block, one smaller than the other and it is the smaller one, that has failed (I believe the larger one has oil behind it so is less likely to need replacing).

Are all the 'coolant core plugs' the same size and hence same part number?

Thanks

Mark

on that page, click on Engine in the brown strip, it'll take you to the engine page, then click on  2500 - Diesel - Turbo - 300 Tdi that's opens the drop menu, then click on  Cylinder Block which opens this page http://www.albrit.de/UNI.cfm?PAGE=748587&SPRACHE=EN  block core plugs are item 3, click + to get part number there are 6 on the engine block

Thanks Western. Nice to know there are 6 on the block. Since the diagram doesn't show the core plug at the back of the block I wasn't sure whether ERC4996 was the right part or not.

ejparrott - I'm aware of a couple of engineering companies but I'm not sure whether they build as well as re-bore/ skim etc. One does sell parts such as pistons etc so is worth asking.

Thanks again.

Mark