Quagmire

First of all, apologies as this is not in a Land-rover, but it is a rover v8!

IMG_20140309_163218_814_zps211f5b37.jpg

IMG_20140329_164651_846_zps1785fb88.jpg

So in preparation for me MS'ing my P6 today I started taking a look at getting some wiring in. I am going to use my old Megajolt to go ignition first, and then when I have some spare cash floating about I will go to MS and do fuel too.

Trigger wheel is mounted, see the end of my thread here:

http://www.classicroverforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=16625&start=105

(Nige the wheel fitted ok thanks, except I had to put it at the front of the pulley due to the power steering stuff being in the way of putting it at the back).

A few facts:

• The battery in the P6 is in the boot.

• P6's are quite long. :glare:

• The factory ignition coil is on the passenger side wing, near the front of the engine bay.

• The is no space under the dash. :angry2:

• To route cabling front to back you have to go along the drivers side of the vehicle, as this is the only place in the cabin with provision for cables to pass through crossmembers etc.

• The P6B fusebox is notorious for going up in smoke, so all feeds will be taken from a new fusebox I will be installing in the boot.

I bought 4m worth of shielded cable, thinking it would be more than enough. Wrong! :ph34r: The twists and turns you have to take to get to the boot mean that I only have about 6 inches poking through into the boot space.

Plan was to install the EDIS module where the current coil is, using the existing power feeds, with the MJ/MS in the boot near the battery.

So can I:

a) Join another bit of shielded cable to the first?

b) Just use normal no shielded cable from here on. I only have 2 feet max left to run, and there is not much to cause noise at the back of the car apart from fuel pump.

Is 4+metres too far anyway? Do I need to keep the EDIS module closer to the MJ/MS?

Cheers all!

I too have a P6, though not as shiny as yours - it is easily the best car I have ever owned!

Joining the shield on an extension should not be too hard and could be done with soft solder.

It is a good idea to shield the PIP and SAW as you propose,

Cheers Charlie

• 3 weeks later...