Blogs

Featured Entries

• Bowie69

Progress....?

By Bowie69

Thought it about time I updated this with some progress.... it's been a bit slow as it has been my daily drive since my last post, and still is, which limits what you can safely do to it! The list so far: 2" lift with 2" Llama 4x4 braided brake hoses HD Southdown winch bumper (Bishmodified) Southdown steering guard Spare tyre relocation to behind passenger seats Tree/rock sliders LPG conversion with in-boot tank HD track rod and drag link Steering damper relocation (home fab job...) Si
    • 0 comments

Engine in...

Well, Sunday saw the whole lot getting dropped into the engine bay, and I am 99% sure I have managed to do so without smashing my autobox oil pump to bits in the process    The coolant system is connected (with reference to the P38 Rave disc I downloaded recently), 95% of the electrics are done, leccy fans reinstalled and even the power steering pump connected up with no bother using the original hoses/reservoir  from the RRC. Things left to do are: Connect downpipes to exhaust manifold Bol

Bowie69

Bowie69

Trigger wheel mount and VR sensor

Well last night I had a couple of hours to spare, and found myself tinkering with the VR sensor mount, and timing  and bolting up the triggerwheel to the crank pulley. Everything is looking good! VR Sensor mount is a bit heath robinson, but it works, and is adjustable enough for my liking by pivoting on the top bolt (bottom bolt hole is slotted). Fixing the trigger wheel to the pulley was a piece of cake, the pulley is already drilled with two holes that are tapped M8x1.0, so get it in the r

Bowie69

Bowie69

Trigger wheel on a serp engine

Well yesterday I managed to get my crank pulley machined down to allow fitting of the trigger wheel (sourced from HFH), even with this machining it is VERY tight to the main water pump outlet, but I suppose as long as it doesn't touch, it won't hurt Pulley was machined down a little further than how HFH has it shown in this thread: *CLICKY* I reckon I have between 1 and 1.5mm gap, aka a fag paper Today/tomorrow will be the VR sensor mount, and Sunday hopefully I will be dropping the engine

Bowie69

Bowie69

Progress....?

Thought it about time I updated this with some progress.... it's been a bit slow as it has been my daily drive since my last post, and still is, which limits what you can safely do to it! The list so far: 2" lift with 2" Llama 4x4 braided brake hoses HD Southdown winch bumper (Bishmodified) Southdown steering guard Spare tyre relocation to behind passenger seats Tree/rock sliders LPG conversion with in-boot tank HD track rod and drag link Steering damper relocation (home fab job...) Si

Bowie69

Bowie69

Comments

Oddly as mod of my own blog I could just delete comments I don't like, edit them or maybe even change my blogs settings to prevent comments. Though I haven't yet worked out how to add my own comments?

LR90

LR90

HD Bumper fit

Thanks to Mr Bishbosh, I got my hands on a lovely hand built heavy duty rear bumper(ex-Bishtail ), all fitted now, took a while due to LR chassis tolerances, and having to tube lots of the chassis    Now looking much more purposeful: More to come....

Bowie69

Bowie69

Well this is how it all started...

Well I have got her, my new toy, ready for prepping   Plans are to swap the Britpart/ProComp lift kit from the Rangie you can see in the background (only 6 months old) and add a few other nice bits at the same time such as cranked radius/trailing arms, lower shock mounts/turrets, cones etc... Rims will be replaced with some steel items to take the 235/85s on the other Range (the rims they are on at the moment are.... lets just say a bit past it). The mandatory arch trimming will happen, a

Bowie69

Bowie69

Important Information

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience. By using our website you agree to our Cookie Policy