TD5 Bulkhead on to a 1985 vehicle

Hello all,

At the moment, I'm balls deep in a nut and bolt rebuild/conversion/modification of my 1985 2.5 naturally asthmatic 90, in which now resides a 300 tdi and R380 from a disco on a new galvanised Marsland 300Tdi chassis. After a very long and tortuous episode with ashtree land rover (which will be a future thread all on it own) i finally sent their bulkhead back, and am now looking for alternatives. Here are (i think) my options:

• either looking at a new TD5 bulkhead which is about a grand from Simmonites
  • a new 2.5 NA/D bulkhead which i'll have to have modified to fit around the R380 and tunnel iirc you're looking at over 2k for this
  • a new defender bulkhead from pegasus parts, at the moment they only make series bulkheads but would look at making a run of defender ones if they had enough interest (10 or more interested parties) on their website they say they would retail for about £1600 which is significantly less than a genuine item, but could take years to make/develop/arrive which i'm not really prepared to wait for....

so.... after reading all that it seems that the only option left is for a new TD5 bulkhead. Thus the question is; will 2.5 NA/D era interior, wiper motor, wiper mechanism, dashboard, door checks etc fit onto the new TD5 bulkhead, or will i need to buy everything again/rob the interior from a scrapped/accident damaged TD5?

thanks in advance guys, i'm kinda at a loose end here

Before you fit the bulkhead research "hot zinc spray" Galvanising. It doesn't warp panels, doesn't protect the inside, and forms a good keyed surface for painting. That and waxoil would be a good option!

G.

Why not just get a decent second hand bulkhead and either galvanise it or strip/paint to your preference?

I picked up a fully dressed late Td5 bulkhead for £500 on eBay which I plan to strip right down and have galvanised. Granted that was about five years ago now but I would have though you could pick up a decent one somewhere easily enough still.