LT230 PTO Splines.

calle-fas

Hi.

I read a post a while back about there being different output splines for LT230 PTOs. Have searched but can't find it. Please point me in the right direction and delete this thread if you can.

Now to the question.

I've just received a PTO unit for my LT230 suffix unknown. The car is a Td5 110 -00 (SALLDHM88YA184884) if that helps.

On the picture below i have the right hand shaft, with fewer teeth.

post-11355-128147893335_thumb.jpg

Question is, will this be able to run my hydraulic pump, or is it just a dummy that needs to be replaced before any serious use?

The pump is a Sunfab 24ccm. If I've read the power diagram right it will consume somewhere around 20kW at max. This is also what the PTO unit is specified for. Primary use will be competition winching.

To my knowledge it should be fine. I recently had a friends hydro pto apart and it had the standard output as pictured on the right. I was also planning to use the standard gear on my setup.

Not seen the left hand side output before.

• 11 months later...

Does the one with more teeth line up with the one with less teeth? I think they are the same spline, but the one with fewer teeth just has every other tooth left out. I have the one on the right with fewer teeth to drive my PTO.

daan