New Clutch Problem

Ian M

i installed a new clutch in my 90 last month, ive done about a 100 mile on the road, and then the first proper test was at bampton yesterday, on a few occassions i had excessive clutch slip when trying to pull away, and then you could feel it grip and away we went. today after i picked it up from treeblokes to take it home, on a few occasions i got a bit of clutch slip again, what i noticed was that the bite has moved back to the very top of the pedal again (this was what happened to my old clutch) could i be looking at a hydraulic problem here? im unsure of the age of the master and slave cylinders!

i noticed was that the bite has moved back to the very top of the pedal again (this was what happened to my old clutch) could i be looking at a hydraulic problem here? im unsure of the age of the master and slave cylinders!

Bite point moving to the top of the pedal would indicate master or slave cylinder.

If you clamp the flexi pipe to the slave, the pedal should go hard. If it does then it's your slave, of not then the master. Best to change both at the same time as they are not expensive.

Ian

Intriguing as I had recently fitted a new clutch/master/slave cylinder

and after yesterday mine to is slipping excessivley

I removed the wading plug incase oil had got in there but it was bone dry,

I guess I'll need to remove the gearbox and pull the clutch out to see what is happening

the bite point has also like yours moved to the top of the pedal.

The clutch has not felt right since the master cylinder was fitted,

All seemed ok till I reached a junction on the way home and pulled out then it slipped all the way home

especially on hills.

after such a carp day car wise it is the icing on the cake to pull the gearbox out again.

Ian

Intriguing as I had recently fitted a new clutch/master/slave cylinder

and after yesterday mine to is slipping excessivley

I removed the wading plug incase oil had got in there but it was bone dry,

I guess I'll need to remove the gearbox and pull the clutch out to see what is happening

the bite point has also like yours moved to the top of the pedal.

The clutch has not felt right since the master cylinder was fitted,

All seemed ok till I reached a junction on the way home and pulled out then it slipped all the way home

especially on hills.

after such a carp day car wise it is the icing on the cake to pull the gearbox out again.

perhaps its something to do with bampton then? :rolleyes: