Dipstick Tube Length

Muchly appreciated Western :)

I have just measured the one on my landie and it is 255mm, do you know of yours to be the 'correct' length?

I since have been reading up the posts on the olive on the bottom of the dipstick tube moving so i shall look into this!

Thanks

I have just measured the one on my landie and it is 255mm, do you know of yours to be the 'correct' length?

I since have been reading up the posts on the olive on the bottom of the dipstick tube moving so i shall look into this!

Thanks

I'm sure I saw a post on this recently where there were reported problems of oil consumption to Land Rover dealers. There was a bulletin instructing the dealer to make sure that the dipstick tube length was correct and there was a correct value given.

Have you tried a search?

HTH

Mark.

Is it definitely a defender block? it may look like a defender engine but I found this out after I hydro-locked my engine, I purchased a disco engine and stripped it down just so I had the block left, I bolted on my defender parts all fits fine, just had to move a couple of studs on the back, filled it with 6.8 ltrs of oil and it was double over the high level, as i knew the amount I had put in was correct I just remarked the dipstick and all is well.

So I guess the question is does the Disco dip stick go in further than a defender one, Ooo errr Mrs :P

Thanks

Yep mine reads correct cos I sorted it out a few months ago, as I could move the dipstick tube up/down through the nut.