Defender quarter lights

im rebuilding my latest purchase, a 92 200 defender hard top an have come across an anoying problem, when aproachin stagered junctions the visibility over your left shoulder is carp, compared 2 say a truck cab where you cn see out the quarterlights. what im wondering is that there used 2 be a td5 down our way which had a triangular shaped glass put in the sides of the hard top just behind the doors, looked really practical an also quite posh, does anyone know where i can get these from??

You mean like these

DSC_0065-1.jpg

I got them from MUDD but he hasn't stocked them for quite some time. As others have said, try a windscreen company, they should be able to cut you any shape/size you want. The other options are caravan or horse box places, they put windows into vans all the time. The end result is brilliant at junctions and also manoeuvering in tight car parks, the only problem was making the first cut! After that there was no going back and luckily I'd marked them out correctly.

Malcolm

there the ones!!!!!! gutted he dnt stock um any more, ive thought about glass companies but am unsure about the seals, surely a universal seal wouldnt bend the tight corners proplerly, whats mudds website?

http://www.mudstuff.co.uk/

can't see them in the products list though, chuck Kev a e.mail or PM on here as he's a member.

They do use a "standard" seal, it comes as a straight strip and yes, it does go round the tight corners. There is a groove in the back (inside the vehicle) that takes a locking strip which makes the whole thing solid, although a bit of a fight to get it in. I used a bit of sealant in the groove where the glass goes and that plus "Captain Tolley's creeping crack cure" (great for any small leak you might have) has kept it watertight.

Malcolm