Led light bar

bigstevemex

Found this:
https://www.hella.com/hella.../673_Legal_Requirements_Brochure_HELLA_EN.pdf

Summary from this is no height limit and there is a requirement that the maximum illumination does not exceed 430,000cd or the sum of the reference numbers on the E marking doesn't exceed 100.

My interpretation of this would be that high and low spots would be legal on the road if there was a switch to select which you were using along with the main beam lights. Therefore your total illumination could exceed the 100 reference number because they all won't come on at once.

As I'm not planning to do anything mega quick like comp safari I think that's fine!

Edit: Another useful link: http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/lights/codes/codes.html

Edited by WesBrooks
Adding link.
  • Like 1

Not really an answer to the original question. Interesting and equally confusing that the C&U regs are almost every time non-original lighting comes into question it inevitably ends up in a quote-fest from .gov

Its always nice to know the legalities of modifications but any lightbar recommendations? Does anyone have the nice expensive laser items (factory fitted to M-sport Ford Rangers) or similar for comparison?