Old vice advice

mad_pete

3 hours ago, joiner55 said:

Hi again CwazyWabbit sorry for delay in replying and thank you for your original reply,  unfortunately the springs broken in the middle. I did think about having a go at welding it but it seems the springs the week point as it is so welding it might only work for a short term.

Also thanks daveturnbull but I've already been intouch with Vice Works and unfortunately they couldn't help. 

I have however been trawling tinternet and found a Record vice QR spring that I think I might be able to make work.

I don't think a weld on a spring would last long tbh.

This one on eBay for a Record (probably the one you have already found) looks like it would work. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174838116657

It has the following dimensions so you should be able to get an idea of the chances of it fitting before purchasing. (The spring ends as far as I can see look right too)

Spring measures approx:
Overall length: 83.5 mm
External Spring diameter: 19 mm
Internal Spring diameter: 14.2 mm
Wire diameter: 2.2 mm

Yes that's the spring CwazyWabbit, it's not a perfect match but I think I can work with it. The internal diameter is about the same, it's not quite as long as the original but I'll make a spacer if needed.

Stellaghost there's a couple of pictures in the ebay link in CwazyWabbit's last reply.

• Like 1