Eurotrial this weekend - anyone going?

andyb

It's only down the road from me so I should make the effort... but there's the usual list of stuff that needs doing at hoome... so might... 

I'm taking my son to a beavers camp thing tonight which is about a mile away from the site so might go stick my nose over the fence and see whats happening :)

Edited by Cynic-al

What did I think of the event? Overall, awesome. I like trial based off road competition and this is like the pure cocaine version of that. 

I understand more than most the work needed to stage trials events and I can fully appreciate the amount of work required to stage such an event. However, as is often the case with UK based off road motorsport little consideration is given to spectators and publicity. For spectators there needed to be better parking and a site map showing where to find the sections for the various classes. Publicity......well I really mean signage. Only a sign at each end of the road that were not very big (A4 page size). It is the first time that this event has been to the UK...where were the big fricking banners!? 

I do seriously hope that this event returns in the future, but I am hooked enough to already look forward to the event next year in Spain. 

Thank you to all those involved in staging this event. 

Edited by andyb

I think people rely on the internet and the established community to advertise things these days. I never read a paper and always skip adverts on radio and tv.

I think the problem with spectators is its a big site so how do you get them around to the stages? Letting people free roam is iffy as they can wander the wrong side of a hill as a driver is coming over and the driver wouldn't be able to do anything. On top of that with how things are in this country someone could cause trouble by just falling down and hurting themselves and by its nature its not a flat place to walk. I guess ideally you'd need a shooting bus to take them to viewing areas but that all adds to the cost of the event.

The event seems to have gotten positive responses anyway so hopefully the UK and Kirton offroad centre will be looked upon favourably for future events by this and other competitions. There have been several other events held there in the past such as the rampage, KOH qualifiers, comp safari etc and you can visit the site pretty much any day of the week for free roam pay and play.

I spectated and I had to walk and there were quite a few spectators. All I meant was that we had to wander around to where it looked like there was something going on rather than being directed by a map or signage.

The sections where bounded by bunting so the risk of walking where you shouldn't was minimal.

As I say it was an awesome event and I am not surprised by the positive reviews and I really hope that the event comes back to the UK in the future. It was my first visit to Kirton and I was not disappointed. 

• Like 1