110 CSW Body mount fastenings

Looking for the ones that go into the forwardmost rear body crossmember ( to quote Ralph's list from his build thread, 2 mounts just outboard of rear [2nd row] seat belt floor brackets bolt/nut each side] I just cannot spot them in the parts books.

Many thanks

Nigel

Thanks, but they are on the outriggers to the second row passengers toe board, ie the back of the seat box. These are nuts and bolts just downwards about level with the point on the rear wheelarch where they are horizontal, as ,ralph says next to the seat belt mount points.They go into the first transverse floor support.

No, Item 10 (I think) is the chassis crossmember securing bolts (4 off) - the side rails attach to that crossmember.  Behind that crossmember is another across the bottom of the wheelarches. And then behind that one is the first of the four totally under the rear floor, the ones that the seat belts attach to.  So I think it is maybe the bracket you are referring to secondly  but I have a couple of what seem like strengthened sleeves  in that crossmember. I know a picture is worth 1000 words etc, but I am 10 miles from the vehicle at the present - I'll post a picture later. It looks like you would bolt down through that crossmember to brackets on the chassis, as if the item 5s on P746 are built into the crossmember.

Regards

Nigel

Hi I have attached a couple of pics - the floor support you can see with the place to fasten to; I have moved it aside in the other photo, and it is indeed sitting on that chassis bracket Ralph mentioned. You can also see on the floor support the hole for the seat belt mount bolt. So I am think it is something like an M8 bolt through the floor and the chassis would need to be drilled. It is (you can probably make out) just behind the A-frame crossmember.

Nigel

IMG_20170824_195021828[1].jpg

IMG_20170824_195027673[1].jpg

that's the bolts in my photo above, [inboard of the rear damper top mounts] they are seperate to the floor mounted seat belt hoops behind the rear seats IIRC. surprised your chassis isn't already drilled for them

I think they are m8 x 40mm or maybe longer, 

I can have a go at a rough measurement tomorrow morning.

bracket 5 in page 746 fits forward of the 'A' frame cross member, not used on station wagon, they are for pick up/hardtop bodies. [which is the same part] 

Ralph if you think they are just m8 bolts, dont bother measuring, no problem, I can measure length with a vernier. But do yours go through the floor as well? They werent fitted when the chassis was changed, so I haven't seen how they are supposed to be. Now I want to try to get everything right while the floor is up. If I fit them under the floor somehow I could never separate body and chassis without taking the floor up again. Thanks Nigel