EGR VALVE

geezer

i have a 54 reg freelander td4 with the bmw engine but the egr valve has been blanked off and due to new mot rules coming 20 may 18 which will noe includes the egr valve,  i need to get one what i want to know is are all td4 diesel have the same egr valve  

I read it too and it is unclear. The draft doesnt specifically mention the egr but makes a lot of mention of DPFs and catalyst type devices. It comes under the general heading of emissions and devices to reduce emissions, so EGRs arent stated explicitly at the moment but i guess may be included?

I didnt get the impression it was only euro 5 or 6 vehicles either. 

Edited by reb78

Didn't way it was folklore that they might make changes - but there is zero point worrying about some draft proposal which may not happen, and if they do happen they might be different to what's in the draft. And it might be 5 years away. And it might not affect cars older than XYZ etc. etc. etc.

True, but EGRs are currently dirt cheap. If a change occurs that leads to them needing to be refitted the prices will go up. I have the same issue with the D2 so think it’s a worthwhile thing to raise here. 

My egr was removed before I bought the car. £15 spent now on the guts of one might be money well spent is what I am thinking.