Which V8 efi pump for a 90 TD5 tank

5 hours ago, Powerslave said:

Sounds good to me. Really interesting thread, Mo - glad you brought this subject up. 

I am temporarily going to go with the Disco II item (at least to begin with), as I already own it and it means I don't need a separate regulator. When my PRV turns up from Nige, I can easily get the ROW thingy and a Sytec 044 with associated filters. 

If anyone has the information, I still would like to know if I can get the Land Rover clip type connectors so I can make my own fuel pipes up (or have them made). 

I hope it's been as informative for you, Ian, as it has for me.

Good call on the fuel pipe connectors, post up if you find any.

Mo

James,

I used the ends of the TD5 lines, pushed rubber tubing over the nylon pipe and double clipped it. They've lasted 7 years without problem or leak on the Tdi.

I'm not sure how that will cope with high pressure petrol though. 

Funnily enough I've just been watching a video on YouTube where a chap joined 8mm nylon pipes using push fit air fittings.

Mo

Thanks. I’ll see if I can get hold of some lines of a scrap Td5 and put something together. I need to run 5/16” ID hose and was hoping to simply run this from the tank to the engine and back with no fiddling with adaptors etc. - if I can get the Td5 fittings to accept this then that will solve my problem.