Heater Blower

Ex MOD 90 on a 1992 plate

i upgraded my dash bulbs a short while ago. When I refitted the dash cluster it didn’t fit quite correctly. I had to really push the blower lever down (tension) to get a fast speed for th3 heater blower. Now the blower doesn’t blow at all, heater fan doesn’t ev3n turn. 

Any ideas what’s broken? I’m guessing it’s something up the top end as I was struggling to push the lever, however the lever is now free with all wires attached and no obvious breakages. Do the switches giv3 up the ghost? Doesn’t look like too much to go wrong with them  

Thanks 

move the instrument cluster again & make sure you have the 3 elect wires connected & the push/pull cable to the air flap in heater box is connected & it hasn't snapped at the lever end fitting.

page 628 in http://www.retroanaconda.com/landrover/parts_books/110/7_exhaust_cooling_heating_p580-666.pdf should help with sorting out what should be where

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 14Platoon said:

Not really great with the multimeter. Any simple instructions (like for a 5 year old)?

cheers 

There are three wires at the switch.  One goes straight to ground.  It should be obvious.  The other two should have 12 Volts when the ignition switch is on.  Make sure they are all connected and the ground wire is connected to ground.

6 hours ago, Red90 said:

There are three wires at the switch.  One goes straight to ground.  It should be obvious.  The other two should have 12 Volts when the ignition switch is on.  Make sure they are all connected and the ground wire is connected to ground.

Thanks, I’ll give that a test tomorrow. 

How did you get on? You’ll get it sorted with patience Platoon..... 

There’s a lot to learn about the Green Oval. No one knows it all, but this is the place to be for help. 

Before you changed the lamps on your dash, was it working ok? 

59 minutes ago, DC_ said:

How did you get on? You’ll get it sorted with patience Platoon..... 

There’s a lot to learn about the Green Oval. No one knows it all, but this is the place to be for help. 

Before you changed the lamps on your dash, was it working ok? 

As usual  ran out of time!

Not checked the voltage yet. It was working fine before and after I changed the bulbs, I just had more difficulty moving the actual lever afterwards due to the cluster not being aligned. 

I had to move th3 lever beyond its original point of operation to get it working.