do i need uprated springs?

Hi

Having finally aquired an H14 PTO driven winch and all the bits, and having weighed the winch in it's bumper (it came in at 110kg!), I am thinking I might need uprated coils on the front? If so, what should I use? I see paddocks etc have a heavy duty 110 set (in the defender parts catalogue) - will these suffice, or do I need to look at something else to stop my front end drooping!?

It's going on a 1996 110 300tdi by the way!

Many thanks

James

Try OME springs, they do a front pair that will take a constant 110kg load & still let you go to max gross vehicle weight. got mine from Surrey off road @ Dunsfold

I have a set of new 110 HD front springs that I bought for mine, but never fitted then sold the LR. I bought them because I had a hydraulic 525 on the front. Your for £20 + P&P? :ph34r:

I have a set of new 110 HD front springs that I bought for mine, but never fitted then sold the LR. I bought them because I had a hydraulic 525 on the front. Your for £20 + P&P? :ph34r:

Done! please can you email me at burnelljamesgd@hotmail.com with address etc so I can get some money to you etc!

Cheers

James

Surely the springs arent that much new? - the red/white stripe rangerover heavy duty springs I bought for the 90 were 8pounds each :rolleyes:

remember that most aftermarket springs are a heavier rate than stock, yet usually the same free height or shorter (depending on rate)

Better to work out how much the front end sags with the winch/bar and get some springs the same rate but longer than stock. This keeps your ride and off road articulation.