Sign in to follow this  
Cornish Rattler

Alternator Belt

Hi guys

Can anyone tell me the part number please for the alternator belt on a disco 200tdi engine in a series 2a, no power steering fitted so just the one belt.

Thanks

Oh no - you’re kidding 😮 So Sorry.

what alternator mount are you using?

See my post in here noting the longer belt I used with my 100amp alternator, 

Wasn’t the reason you used the longer Dayco 10A1050C belt because you had a 100amp alternator with a larger casing though ?

I thought Cornish Rattler was using the series alternator bracket, spaced, with the standard alternator on just the 3 pulleys ...

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Anderzander said:

Oh no - you’re kidding 😮 So Sorry.

what alternator mount are you using?

Disco mount with the britpart 120amp upgrade alternator std size pulley on alternator 

Edited by Cornish Rattler

Ahh - my wrong assumption then.

Sorry.

I used the original series mount with the Glenn Coyne Spacer kit on - it seemed neater and more compact than keeping the disco mount with a redundant power steering mount.

FFE17846-14ED-4B73-9BD6-289E0C209FAB.thumb.jpeg.4c46bb642dd6d91d516c02a3c617070f.jpeg

B2CC4838-2584-4F40-A878-17D35E55F2BF.thumb.jpeg.a27fc40b85993da197ea1f239fe56b49.jpeg

This thread may help ? 

The standard 200tdi alternator belt is ETC7939 the one I linked to.

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 10:38 AM, Anderzander said:

Wasn’t the reason you used the longer Dayco 10A1050C belt because you had a 100amp alternator with a larger casing though ?

I thought Cornish Rattler was using the series alternator bracket, spaced, with the standard alternator on just the 3 pulleys ...

Went to my local Motor world store today with a length of 3 core cable ( all I had in the garage ) cut to length as a sample and the biggest belt they had in was a 1050 which was still to small so i'l go for a walk on Monday into Northenden as there are two motorist's shops there hopefully one of them can help :)

a 10A1050C alt belt was a good fit on my Defender spec 200tdi with the 100amp alt, surprised it won't fit on your engine.

how much longer does it need, Dayco don't do a 10a1075c version 1075 = 1075mm length.

1 hour ago, western said:

a 10A1050C alt belt was a good fit on my Defender spec 200tdi with the 100amp alt, surprised it won't fit on your engine.

how much longer does it need, Dayco don't do a 10a1075c version 1075 = 1075mm length.

Yeah 1050 rang a bell to what I used on my last one with an 100amp alt aswell but this time i'm using a Britpart 120amp alt which I think is bigger in size to a std disco 100amp alt, was thinking about a 1075 walking home, also found out there is a newish C.E.S. auto factors sprung up near me so will give them ago on my way to two more motorist's shops if they can't help.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, western said:

Ah bigger diameter body then,

Have a play with Dayco website https://www.daycogarage.com/catalogue/en-us/search-product-by-code?a=1

I couldn't find a 1075 long belt in 10, 11 or 13mm width. 

This mite help, the belt was just cut and layed across the two pulleys and pulled tight to set the spacing.

20190112_192823_002.jpg

20190112_192933.jpg

20190112_192847.jpg

Edited by Cornish Rattler

I see what your up against now, there must be a suitable belt out there somewhere, Gates do alternator belts to, https://gatesautocat.com/

not sure how Gates work their part numbers.

Ok i managed to obtain a 1225mm x 13mm belt from one of the motorist's shops but it only reached between the alt pulley nut and the top of the pully so i've ordered a 1250mm x 13mm Dayco belt off ebay which should fit once it arrives :)

• Like 1