Disco 2 Indicator and central locking fault

Bigant

Hi 

Over the weekend the indicators stopped working on my 01 plated Discovery 2, the indicator indicators on the dash still work as they should but I have nothing working on each corner?7

I have also have a regular fault with the central locking which bizarrely seems to be related to the weather, in dry spells the internal switch works fine but in wet weather it doesn't work.

Many thanks in advance 

Bigant

If you have sunroof's they are probably leaking down into the passenger compartment fusebox or the BCU  or both. Water ingress is a bad thing which is all too common in many vehicles,not just Landrovers...

Have a look around the footwells and above,normally its quite obvious,corroded parts and damp carpets are the norm...

BCU = body control unit, a very complex electronic unit behind the glovebox which is responsible for various functions including central locking and indicators ... though the interior fusebox(IDM) is suspect as well cos it's very common to be affected by water or moisture, i doubt it's a relay cos there is one for each side... you should find a known good one on ebay from a non-facelift D2 and rule it out cos it's almost plug and play, all you have to do is to disconnect the battery first then after the swap and battery reconnection turn ignition on II and let it there 5 minutes to syncronise itself with the BCU, if you are unlucky enough to be the BCU the problem becomes more complicated cos it needs complex programming with dedicated tester...  here's one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rover-Discovery-2-TD5-V8-Interior-Fusebox-YQE000250/254150541492?fits=Car+Make%3ALand+Rover|Model%3ADiscovery&epid=652655038&hash=item3b2c8d80b4:g:K1EAAOSwkhxcfXXk

Interior fusebox.jpg

• 2 years later...

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if you could help, I have a similar problem, I’ve just bought my second disco td5 2002, on the way home, I noticed there were no indicators, neither on the dash or at the corners, at the time I had the headlights on, when I got home I was having a look and noticed when I do not have the headlights on the indicators lights flash on the dash but still not indicators, this is the same for the hazard light.

when I bought the car, the previous owner explained that the immobiliser was turned off using nanocom. 

I have tried replacing the relays and hazard switch but to no luck, I have also inspected f14 but there is no corrosion. 

Ps, it’s also a non sunroof model. 

thank you