Making progress

Simon_CSK

The list of work is finally making in roads.

Have changed the engine, the front swivel ball joints, replaced the front bumper upgraded the headlights.

Now I need to fix a diesel leak, replace the rear quarter and wing. Replace the head cloth and fix the leaking sunroof. 

All in all I feel I am getting somewhere just need to think about getting started on the P38

Front.jpg

I wish I could say the same - just discovered a hole in the chassis and body outrigger 3 weeks before MOT time! Nearly set fire to it I was so p'd off!:o:o

Oh well, once the garage is built I can fix it at my leisure, until then it will be a SORN'd garden ornament. :)

8 hours ago, bishbosh said:

I wish I could say the same - just discovered a hole in the chassis and body outrigger 3 weeks before MOT time! Nearly set fire to it I was so p'd off!:o:o

Oh well, once the garage is built I can fix it at my leisure, until then it will be a SORN'd garden ornament. :)

I found out that my chassis was made of swiss cheese 3 months after I had bought it. Now sits on a galvanised chassis which is the only reason I keep regenerating it. 

It was worth it at the time and I have certaily had my money out of it having covered 50k in 6 years with the last two parked up. The bodywork needs some welding done, inner wings and rear wheel arches have rusted so that is the major work that needs done however the next real job is the offside rear wing which is dented and will replace the headcloth at the same time.

• 4 weeks later...

Simon

Was the engine swap fairly straight forward? Any tips or advice? I am doing to swap the engine in mine. I originally thought about just doing the head but the donor engine has a more known history so probably easiest. 

I am trying to find any how-to or step by step guide online, just to help along the way so that i hopefully don't miss anything. 

Greig

I did it myself and it wasn't really a problem. Then blew the turbo and destroyed the engine in the process and then fitted another. Car just keeps going and will do for the forseeable future. Am using it every day and covering 2000 miles a month in it so I must be doing something right. Curently have the engine out of my P38 and trying to get the torque convertor back in so I can refit the engine into that. 

If you want a hand give me a shout and I will happily come over and assist.

Simon