Urgent NEW problem help please

Seem whilst doing the timing belt the FIP locking pin has jammed!?!

Any ideas how to reverse the crank a fraction, tried putting the crank bolt in but as soon as i reverse the ratchet the bolt starts to undo? 

Locking pin seems well stuck and don't want to make things any worse.

Cheers Andy 

Thanks again sorted it, in the end i turned the crankshaft clockwise a fraction and low and behold it gave the pin up!?!....... For some reason or other a got it into my head it need to go the other way???

Why do i set my self these challenges?

Wanted do do the timing belt myself for a while, so over time got various tools ie crankshaft locking tool, Westerns locking pins and puller set. Crankshaft locking tool makes life a breeze and 1/2" breaker bar with a pole was a lot easier than i hoped for, decided to push rather than pull, it turned with a good steady lean. The puller and crankshaft tool where more fiddly getting the bolts in as you are working blind but once on the do their jobs easily.!

The biggest problems and most time consuming were the crank seal removal! The fron case being alloy you really feel you dont want to hit it! As for the one at the back you just stuggle to get at it with anything, well i seemed to!?! In the end i filed an old screwdriver very thin and bent the tip slightly, so when i firmly tapped the edge of the seal right against the casing it would go away from it before it would cause marks. Worked for me.

So being my first time i had a few issues to resolve, work out and overcome! But feel good for doing it!

Would have had it done but alas the rain came and beat me, so finish of tomorrow then cut the lawn and do whatever is on the Boss's list! Oh well onwards and upwards 

• Like 2