interior light rear & boot door switch wiring + interior lights wiring.

Ok, so it"s a pretty long story...

Bought a 110 TD5 a couple month ago, fitted with a fiberglass roof, that i'm planning to remove to put a factory one (the roof is leaking horribly and mess up all the door seals alignment etc...)  so the previous owner who did that mistake also removed all the interior light and the volumetric sensor cause the roof is all in one piece, meaning that the headliner is part of the roof and can't be removed...

So after inspection, there was only one door switch remaining... the front passenger door switch....

Driver side switch was missing, but found the wire (slate&white) in the engine bay and managed to route it back in the A pillar and reconnected it with its switch.

Hurray ! the front doors reunited with their switches...

Then i was off to take care of the rear doors switches, full of hope... no wires nothing and i don't understand how they are supposed to be connected to the loom....

It appears that i'm missing the  rear side door switch, Lead-links  AMR4991

Ok, but how and where the other end is connected and what's the routing of these Lead-links ?

Capture d’écran 2019-05-25 à 22.55.20.png

Same for the boot door switch wire ? 

So now that i explained the door switch story....

I'm missing the front and back interior light harnesses connecting to the main harness to make the interior lights working but i'm lost with all these different part numbers for the same part

i checked on lrworkshop and there are no pictures of the wires...

i have this connector with seems ok (color wise). What harness does it plug in ? rear light harness ?

CONNECTOR 1.jpg

Then i have that one which is not ok color-wise (PN wire instead of PW in cavity 2)

CONNECTOR 2.jpg

So which connector is the one related to the rear interior light ?, unfortunately its not specified in the manual. Both are marked as "main harness to interior lamp harness".

And what are the parts number for the harnesses i have to order ?

I don't have the RAVE software so i can't check with my vin code...

Thanks for the help :)

Edited by Victor Normandy

I don't have a TD5, mine is a 300TDi but I'm sure the wire colours are the same as mine although the connector reference numbers are not.

P purple / PW purple white / PU purple blue / B black / BN black brown / SW slate white

First of all, the red connector (B BN WB) is to connect an ultrasonic sensor in the roof headlining. On my vehicle (RHD) it is above the driver's head. You don't need to fit this for the alarm or lights to work.

The interior lights rules are: Lamps are fed with permanent +12 volts on P and 0 volts on either B or PW. B allows local on/off switching at the lamp unit when selected ON and the 10AS controls via PW when the lamp unit is at DOOR. 

The 10AS alarm unit controls the lamps so that they switch on / off when doors are open / closed using the 0 volts side of the circuit via PW cables.  It drives 0 volts on PW when the interior switch is in DOOR position (which selects PW rather than B). If the 10AS wants the lamps off it drives the PW wire to +12 volts and no current flows. A lamp is switched on by the 10AS driving this wire to 0 volts. 

The door sense (pillar switches) are supplying a 0 volts from the ground provided at their pillar screw, to the 10AS and are all connected in parallel via PU except the driver's door which as you have see, is on a separate circuit (SW) back to the 10AS. So passenger, 2nd row doors if you have them and the rear door, are all connected back on PW to the 10AS.

Edit: Some clarity and also I think you need the wiring diagram for your vehicle.

Edited by Peaklander

7 hours ago, Peaklander said:

I don't have a TD5, mine is a 300TDi but I'm sure the wire colours are the same as mine although the connector reference numbers are not.

P purple / PW purple white / PU purple blue / B black / BN black brown / SW slate white

First of all, the red connector (B BN WB) is to connect an ultrasonic sensor in the roof headlining. On my vehicle (RHD) it is above the driver's head. You don't need to fit this for the alarm or lights to work.

The interior lights rules are: Lamps are fed with permanent +12 volts on P and 0 volts on either B or PW. B allows local on/off switching at the lamp unit when selected ON and the 10AS controls via PW when the lamp unit is at DOOR. 

The 10AS alarm unit controls the lamps so that they switch on / off when doors are open / closed using the 0 volts side of the circuit via PW cables.  It drives 0 volts on PW when the interior switch is in DOOR position (which selects PW rather than B). If the 10AS wants the lamps off it drives the PW wire to +12 volts and no current flows. A lamp is switched on by the 10AS driving this wire to 0 volts. 

The door sense (pillar switches) are supplying a 0 volts from the ground provided at their pillar screw, to the 10AS and are all connected in parallel via PU except the driver's door which as you have see, is on a separate circuit (SW) back to the 10AS. So passenger, 2nd row doors if you have them and the rear door, are all connected back on PW to the 10AS.

Edit: Some clarity and also I think you need the wiring diagram for your vehicle.

Thx for the reply Peaklander

That I understood before posting.

i know the colors abreviations 

Although the electrical library sats the red connector is not for the volumetric sensor on td5

for the td5 it’s a flat 3 wire translucent connector

i get how the pillar switches work.

i just want to know what parts i’m Missing 

and what plugs on what etc

wiring diagrams do not specify parts number unfortunately...

Fair enough but the colours in the red connector correspond to the correct wires for the ultrasonic sensor on the 97MY Defender diagrams that I have. I don't know why you think it is a translucent connector but if it's in the location I suggest and the wire colours match the circuit then I think I'm correct.

Have you got the parts book? Mine is an early one and the harnesses are show. 

Here is the connector for the volume sensor that I have on my car (it’s not translucent actually, don’t know why I said that

B121B2BE-4D1A-465A-AC70-33D636598EBC.jpeg

So I think the red connector is for the rear interior light harness but I can’t find any clear pictures of that harness to check if that harness has indeed the same connector in a male version 

90E61A1D-C6DB-4DD8-A2AD-91BFA950ACA1.jpeg

There is another connection away from the volumetric and that is the connection that is red. As you can see the wires are the same colour!

The red connector is not for the lights. That is the other one. 

13 minutes ago, Peaklander said:

There is another connection away from the volumetric and that is the connection that is red. As you can see the wires are the same colour!

The red connector is not for the lights. That is the other one. 

Thx, i’m Not saying you are wrong...but why the manual would not state that it’s part of the main harness to interior light harness ?

Mysteries of car wiring I guess...🤣

The part number I quoted is for the front of the vehicle. The rear light harness is AMR4990. That has a plug to connect with the front and then a wire to the rear door switch and the connections to the lamp unit in the roof. The route is along the roof edge on right side front to back. 

2 hours ago, Peaklander said:

The part number I quoted is for the front of the vehicle. The rear light harness is AMR4990. That has a plug to connect with the front and then a wire to the rear door switch and the connections to the lamp unit in the roof. The route is along the roof edge on right side front to back. 

Thanks Peaklander, 

Yes i subscribed to the online JLD epic catalogue and through my VIN NUMBER it was indeed those part numbers :)