Stock or not (value question)

I have a 1998 County 110 with about 160k on the clock and I've been putting a small camper conversion in the back. It was relatively untouched and everything was as stock when I got it so I've not made any major modifications and made sure anything I've added is reversible. Just wondering what people's thoughts are on how much value is kept by keeping everything orginal, for example the headlining board is in good condition but the fabric could probably do with replacing or cleaning but I'm considering taking it out completely and just carpet lining over the insulation I put in which would give me a couple of inches extra headroom in the back. I've also considered painting all the grey plastic a darker colour just for personal preference but I know that's not everyone's taste. I've still got all the rear seats and seat belt mounts and I'd thought when it comes time to sell her it would be good to have everything but I'm quite short on storage space. I was thinking if I sold the headlining boards and seat belt mounts (not sure how much either of these are worth?) then it would probably fund a bit of carpet and paint to finish sprucing up the inside.

Not a particularly succinct quesion but I'd be interested to hear what people's thought's are on whether trying to keep all the original parts and colours is worth it or whether I'm unneccessarily inconveniencing myself. We're planning on moving house in the not too distant future and I'll probably end up selling it in a couple of years.

To be honest if your truck was an early one or a special edition then yes keep all the bits. But as yours appears to be nothing special (no offence) then modding it to suit your needs make sense. Yours is of an age where the value is the value the only real difference is saleablity. If your tasteful this won't be a problem either.

Mike

Formed similar opinions to yourself, making extraordinary efforts to ensure that any modifications can be reversed and any fixes are done using genuine parts. It does cause more work/expense and bundles of boxes in the garage. However, cannot help thinking in the long run, it'll pay off.

Thanks for the comments. I was initially looking for a van but after driving around the country looking at too many inaccurately described landrovers I ended up going for the best of them and I didn't come across any decent van backs. Well I came across one lovely red one but they wanted £9.5k for it and it had serious engine problems, madness. I've already poured quite a lot of work into this one as well and the thought of having to go through the process of buying and selling again would be painful!