Disco 300tdi wiper help

ianmayco68

Hi all , popped over from the Defender forum for a bit of help . I’m modding the windscreen wipers on my project 300tdi 90 using the motor and linkages off a discovery 1 300tdi , I’ve got it mocked up and it looks like it will work nicely but before I put it all together I wanted to replace the little thin washer that fit in between the linkages to aid smooth movement and the clips that hold the linkages on the posts , but I can’t find any part numbers for these bits can anybody help with some please ?

I’ve looked on the net and even trawled britcars parts pages but can’t find any, only parts diagrams I could find pictured it as a complete unit and didn’t list the individual bits , or were in Russian which I sadly don’t speak , any help would be most appreciated.

cheers Ian 

image.thumb.jpg.dd2ae3366cea6ad92a5bab0824a9de38.jpg

to fit on here .

Edited by ianmayco68

Washers and the circlips for the wiper linkage aren’t shown as a replacement part in the D1 genuine parts catalogue, hence no part numbers but there’s plenty of retailers on eBay that sell washers and clips.

Edited by teabag

Ok that interesting, in that case ‘brass shim washers’ might be available in the size u require, and being brass, if the size isn’t available then it’s not much trouble to alter another washer for a perfect fit.

Out of interest pls let the Forum know how u get on 😊

No problem will do, had a quick look on eBay and there is some shim kits on there , the e clip in the pic isn’t the right one. The correct one is one of those push on clips that then lock into the groove, but I can’t think what they’re called  :D .

• 1 month later...

Just to update this for everyone , the shims were steel found a kit of different sizes on ebay but it was £30 after closer inspection mine were serviceable so will use them . The only reference to the clips is clevis pin clips and they are very few and far between on ebay and aren't cheap for what they are , how ever I did manage to get one of these to fit from a kit from Halfords ,

SAM_2165.JPG.4c628c7d2128e1596b9362a1cb1643a7.JPG

whether these will work and keep the linkages attached when the wipers are going is another matter , this is the original clip if anyone knows an alternative name for it please let me know and I can have a better search .

SAM_2164.JPG.aa670443e192b75b875fc152dabc28c1.JPG

cheers Ian

Ok the clips aren’t that uncommon, in my involvement in the rash with such things, unfortunately  gone are the days when you could walk into a parts department with one and ask for a few. The top clip is what was known a an E clip the lower just a sprung retaining clip, I suppose there’s a specific name in the trade for it. 

So good luck in your search, I would also ask around at the small independent parts suppliers to the diy/motor trade