Defender td5 wipers not working

Hi i have just bought a new defender 06 and the wipers seem to be stuck in the middle of its movement i have checked and the current is getting to the motor and can hear the clicking from the relay so im guessing the stalk and relay are all good but they arent moving, does anyone know what the problem might be as im thinking that its the whole motor that is at fault because if it was the park sensors they would move but just not park, what do you guys think as im new and dont know what i exactly need to do, any help is appreciated. Thanks 

It probably is the park switch. It provides a continuation of the volts to the motor after you have flicked the stalk to OFF. The wipers complete that cycle and then, at the park position, it shuts the supply off.

Edit: sorry I have now read properly - are you saying that they don't move at all?

Edited by Peaklander

6 minutes ago, Peaklander said:

It probably is the park switch. It provides a continuation of the volts to the motor after you have flicked the stalk to OFF. The wipers complete that cycle and then, at the park position, it shuts the supply off.

Edit: sorry I have now read properly - are you saying that they don't move at all?

No they dont move at all i have tried to move them by hand a bit aswell but they are not moving and i dont want to do exessive force as i dont want to break anything