Fuel pipe for S2

Jessie the dog

Hi there, can anyone help? My S2 has a very curious series of hoses which connect the fuel tank to the fuel pump.

Looking at it, there seems to be a hose over the threaded part on the tank with a jubilee clip holding it. That cannot be right and probably the source of the fuel smell (petrol).

I have seen images that show a pipe (no 56 on the attached picture) that looks more like it, but I cannot find it for sale anywhere.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

12685.png

The Series 3 88 one should be the same , no longer available new but a good s/h S3 one would be easier to find than searching for S2 .

The fittings are standard BSP so if all else fails a look at industrial hose suppliers would sort it .

cheers

Steve b

The pipe 56 should go from the tank to the pump - and have a BSP nut on it to fit the tank fitting.

The pipe 57 has a steel tube stuffed in it at the carb end and the flexi 58 fits onto the tube and the stub pipe on the Zenith carb if you're lucky.

I think the pipe 38 is the pipe jining the 2 raised bits of a LWB rear mounted tank.  (The tank is shaped to fit round the chassis and has a vent pipe between the to high parts, presumably to enable it to be filled.)

45 is the filler vent pipe.

On 4/11/2020 at 12:30 PM, Jessie the dog said:

Hi there, can anyone help? My S2 has a very curious series of hoses which connect the fuel tank to the fuel pump.

Looking at it, there seems to be a hose over the threaded part on the tank with a jubilee clip holding it. That cannot be right and probably the source of the fuel smell (petrol).

I have seen images that show a pipe (no 56 on the attached picture) that looks more like it, but I cannot find it for sale anywhere.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

12685.png

When i first stripped my 2a down for a full restoration i mistakenly thew mine away☹️ and had to but a used one took me months to find one but got one in the end think i bought it with a load of other stuff i didn't need, hope you find one though good luck 🙂

Hi there, I took Steve B’s advice and searched for a S3 pipe. The only one I found looked like pipe 57 which is smooth tube on one end. From what I can see, I need a nut fitting either end. I have found swivel nut to hose tail push fittings for sale, so I think that I will have to make my own up with a 6mm I’d pipe. Are the ends 1/4” BSP, tank and pump?

Thanks for the input