Weber 32/34 Carburettor Rebuild info?

Maverik

Hi Folks, hope you're all enjoying your Government inflicted land rover fettling time...

Just about to strip and attempt to rebuild a Weber 32/34 Carb... can anyone point me in the direction of any decent literature to help me along, I've been doing a lot of googling, but not really found anything that useful. - just exploded diagrams which give information but not always that clear. Any help would be appreciated.

Mav

With Webers, you'll probably find better info if you look for the four letter model code for the carb, rather than the throttle size.

Probably the best book on Weber carbs is John Passini - Weber Carburettors, Theory Tuning & Maintenance. Not easy or cheap to obtain though unless you're very lucky. (I was, about 20 years back)

There is a Haynes manual solely on Webers, which is probably quite useful - I only have a PDF of the section on DGAS carbs, but that part is pretty good.

EDIT: Looking around for a PDF of Passini, found this instead which might be useful.

Edited by TSD
added link

31 minutes ago, Maverik said:

Hi Folks, hope you're all enjoying your Government inflicted land rover fettling time...

I've thus far avoided doing anything to my land rover. Doesn't break/I don't know its broken if I don't drive it! Hehe. 

I've got this job to do for a mate who has one of those carbs. Is it adorned with seven kinds of strange and apparently pointless solenoids?