Stuck Again,

Just waiting on some bits coming to complete my Dash , started with the parts I have but stuck straight away.   First pic is heater controls at drivers side one of the cables runs down inside the lower dash, its connected as you can hear something opening and closing, the other cables runs out in to engine Bay so I take it this goes to Box on left side ? Should these run along the back of the bit that holds the Binicle ? as there's no way I can fit it on the side with Cables where they are now.. 

IMG_20200512_180346.jpg

The control cables go under the side of the instrument panel upper cover, then out to engine bay. 

The inner lever goes to the top of heater unit. with the lever fully down, the control on top of heater has to be as far to vehicles left as it will go, then connect the inner wire through the ferrule/lever & tighten the little bolt. 

The outer lever goes down to the lower dash, as you can hear the mechanism moving that one is connected. 

The other lever on left of instrument pack goes through to engine bay then connects to the flap lever on side of heater unit, with the lever fully down the flap control has to be fully up & inner wire goes in the ferrule/lever/bolt as for the other one, 

I will be replacing one of my heater cables (after it's delivered) hopefully sometime tomorrow so will take some photos

27 minutes ago, western said:

as where the 2 yellow lines are 

IMG_20200512_180346.thumb.jpg.120e307e8213ce41fdb17d8aab6819ac.jpg

Do they Both have to go out in to Engine Bay first ?  as one is already connected inside and the other is out through..  Cant really see a way they will go anywhere on yellow lines as there is nowhere  to get through.

Edited by kevin50

6 minutes ago, western said:

No, just the unconnected one the other will slide down into lower dash when the side panel is fitted in place, I can photo mine tomorrow, as I have to take it off to change the broken cable. 

Thanks Mate  hope I don't have to disconnect them as Im hopless with fiddley bits like that. 

• Like 1

Removed the broken cable, waiting for the new one to be delivered later today, took a few photos,

1st photo inner wire snapped at the ferrule on top of heater unit, 

2nd photo cables at right hand controls in cab. 

IMG_20200513_130703.jpg

IMG_20200513_131649.jpg

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, western said:

Removed the broken cable, waiting for the new one to be delivered later today, took a few photos,

1st photo inner wire snapped at the ferrule on top of heater unit, 

2nd photo cables at right hand controls in cab. 

IMG_20200513_130703.jpg

IMG_20200513_131649.jpg

Great Mate Thanks, Im now wondering if my Cables are on the wrong way, will have a look later,  as yours seem to be opposite to mine,  The black one on ,mine is at top where as yours is at bottom, ie  at front. 

32 minutes ago, western said:

pretty sure looking at the cable connections on each lever they will only fit one way due to the U clamp.

a photo of the  outer lever at the middle.

IMG_20200513_163257.jpg

Pic here Think I've sussed it , I pulled black cable Back through and threaded it back again But this time under the Wiering as it was over the top and twisting everytime I tried to get in place.

IMG_20200513_163744.jpg

Pretty sure it's only available as a inner core & outer sleeve assembly. 

2 hours ago, kevin50 said:

Pic here Think I've sussed it , I pulled black cable Back through and threaded it back again But this time under the Wiering as it was over the top and twisting everytime I tried to get in place.

IMG_20200513_163744.jpg

thats looks better, not long finished fitting the new cable on my 110, 

1 hour ago, Mo Murphy said:

Ralph, can you buy an inner cable on its own for the LH side vent / fan control lever, do you know ?

Mo

Pretty sure only available as a inner/outer assembly, it's only listed in parts book as such, I could send the cable I removed today I think its longer than the left hand side cable, it only broke at the last 10mm or so of the inner where it gets clamped into the heater air flap lever. the outer is pretty good, might save you a few quid & the inner can be cut with good side cutters.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, western said:

thats looks better, not long finished fitting the new cable on my 110, 

Well I only went an Broke the black cable, it was looking the worse for wear anyway, rang my local Landy place and there getting me one for Friday.

I can now fit the side panel in place as before the cables were twisting it out of shape, Need to tweek the silver cable a bit, as when panels in place the Lever does not work until I take panel back off. think its just a matter of getting it placed in the  right position.

• Like 1

I'll look those up

Clock  plain purple is the 12v permanent live feed.

plain black for earth

red/white for the light - same as gauge lighting.

Cig Lighter 

Plain purple 12v feed to the centre of lighter

plain black to the outer sleev to earth, 

light as for clock & other gauges.

Rear wash wipe switch as seen at rear of switch 

post-8420-125111493836_thumb.gif

post-20-1212432317_thumb.jpg

25 minutes ago, western said:

I'll look those up

Clock  plain purple is the 12v permanent live feed.

plain black for earth

red/white for the light - same as gauge lighting.

Cig Lighter 

Plain purple 12v feed to the centre of lighter

plain black to the outer sleev to earth, 

light as for clock & other gauges.

Rear wash wipe switch as seen at rear of switch 

post-8420-125111493836_thumb.gif

post-20-1212432317_thumb.jpg

Thanks Mate I can get on with that whilst waiting for cable.

Should these wires be in the Dash near where the Clock fits,

• Like 1

22 hours ago, western said:

That Number is coming up as the Clip for Lever, not sure if its the same or not as it does not mention the Heater Box.

20 hours ago, western said:

All those should be in middle if the dash but might be tucked in somewhere if you can't see them straight away. 

I'm 99 percent sure all the wires you mentioned are there,  tested the Clock and Cig Lighter and they both work, Rear wash is not connected yet but  wires are there ready for it. Think my switch is same as your Diagram. 

Few spare wires will get colours tomorrow, I know one is half of a Fuse Holder with Orange/ White but no other half.

IMG_20200514_180857_LI.jpg

IMG_20200514_180602.jpg